Author Topic: OFFICIAL PVP RULES  (Read 3809 times)

Offline Kyriani Agrivar

• Dungeon Master (Global Mod)
  • Advanced Being
OFFICIAL PVP RULES
« on: September 22, 2004, 12:33:24 PM »
This is the definitive topic for pvp rules. You break them you get caught you get wiped no ifs ands or buts about it.

1. Role play is preferred but not required. HOWEVER. YOU MUST ANNOUNCE YOUR INTENT TO PvP TO THE SERVER BY CLAIMING AN AREA. You may ONLY CLAIM AREAS THAT ARE APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR LEVEL A LVL 40 SHOULD NOT BE CLAIMING THE ASHEN SANDS. IF GUIDELINES ARE NEEDED FOR LVL APPROPRIATE ZONES I WILL POST THEM

2. You MUST have anyone you intend to attack on dislike BEFORE you attack them

3. You MUST warn someone that if they do not leave your zone or pay a tithe they will be a target and then you must give a reasonable amount of time to allow them to vacate the zone. PvP will NEVER be forced on the unwilling or you'll find you badass characters gone with the wind.

4. Server wide player-killing just because you can or cause you feel like it or cause someone looked at you funny is not acceptable.

5. Take screenshots of your kills and the dialogue you use to warn the target of your kills. This protects you should a complaint occur

6. If you cant be bothered to take a screen shot of conversation text and or being killed unwillingly I cant be bothered to listen to you complain about being killed. if you cant be bothered to take a screen shot of a kill you make to protect your ass then I cant be bothered to listen to you complain when I wipe your vault cause someone DID take a screenshot of you breaking the rules

7. The PK boards are there for a reason pay attention to who is on them and use that handy little pool in caravan way to see where they are so you know where not to go so you can avoid pvp.

8. If you have a bounty on your head you are a target period no ifs ands or buts about it you can be hunted down and PvP'd to claim that bounty. How you got that bounty isn't my problem. Once that bounty is gone however you are no longer a target and griefing will not be tolerated. If you choose to attack the person who killed you thats on you.

9. Anyone on the top player killer board is fair game for pvp. You got there for a reason. The Arena board is not the same as the player killer board and is not a licence to pvp those people.

10. Griefing is not acceptable. That said however it is not griefing if they warn you out of their claimed zone and you do not comply. If you are given the chance to leave the area and avoid PvP and you do not comply and are killed the person who killed you broke no rules.

11. At no point may you claim or tax another guild's hall. if you stage a raid stage it and be done. You do not continuously harass them or you are violating rule 10

12. Pick Pocketing is a PvP action. While you do not have to announce your attempts to pickpocket you must not grief the person whom you have stolen from. That means do not follow them around and continuously steal from them. Eventually scripts will be put into place to discourage this type of behavior. For now if you steal from someone take what you gain and then leave the person alone. Griefing will not be tolerated.

13. Rival Guilds are PvP accept with no questions asked... if you are part of a guild and you have a rivalry with another guild then you are fair game. That said keep the encounters role played and do not repeatedly grief your targets in a short span of time.

14. If you intentionally set someone to dislike your are inviting PvP. If you accidentally set them to dislike be sure to tell them and change it back to like and advise them to do the same.

15. DO NOT abuse known Bioware bugs in PvP. (e.g. forcing shifters back into human form, using spells while shapeshifted, etc)

16. Any player character with NON PVP in their character NAME should NEVER under ANY circumstances be involved in PvP. That said such characters may NOT particpate in PvP on pain of losing both levels and their NON PVP status. (e.g. you name your toon George Schmoe - NON PVP, that character should never be attack in pvp nor should they ever be attacking someone in PvP. While accidents are understandable in some cases I will review every case thoroughly)

17.) Do not trap or cast area-of-effect spells directly on the entrance / exit triggers of an area.  I'm not talking about the general vicinity, but if someone cannot enter an area without being dumped directly into a trap or spell then you are breaking PvP rules & I will de-level your characters / wipe your vault.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:28:13 PM by DM Heatstroke »
Characters: Kyriani Agrivar, Phae Waiz, Siren, Wisp, Cati, Darius Silvertongue, Ret Rev The Hungry & many more!
Nic Mercy's YouTube Channel
Nic Mercy's Myspace

Offline Kyriani Agrivar

• Dungeon Master (Global Mod)
  • Advanced Being
OFFICIAL PVP RULES
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 05:15:39 PM »
updated
Characters: Kyriani Agrivar, Phae Waiz, Siren, Wisp, Cati, Darius Silvertongue, Ret Rev The Hungry & many more!
Nic Mercy's YouTube Channel
Nic Mercy's Myspace

Offline DM Heatstroke

• Dungeon Master (Admin)
  • High-Templar
    • Athas Reborn
OFFICIAL PVP RULES
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 07:41:05 AM »
Updated
HEATSTROKE