Author Topic: Possible Bugs List  (Read 8960 times)

Offline Zilther

• Kank Herder
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 6.0.472.63 Chrome 6.0.472.63
Possible Bugs List
« on: September 28, 2010, 10:33:43 PM »
This is going to be a running list of bugs or things that might be bugs that I find.

Upon logging in with my new character (which is a mul if that makes a difference) and leveled him to 2, In my server message chat box, I see a ton of "Entered DoNatural WeaponHD" It doesn't seem to affect anything and I am not sure if it is supposed to show that, so I listed it.

I also saw some things that looked like it said blackguard sneak attack (o) and other things appear after I leveled up. As a fighter I don't know why it would display anything of the sort, I can't give any more detail because it keeps reporting "entered DoNatural WeaponHD" I'll update if anything changes, about to level to 3, I'll try and get some screen shorts this time.

Got a few screenshots, but they are TGA at the moment and I haven't taken the time to convert them so Photobucket will accept them. So I'll upload them in a bit.

Upon entering tyr I saw the normal server message of entering a non pvp area. then it was flooded with "Entered DoNatural WeaponHD". So far I haven't seen this as something that is hindering game play. Not even causing me lag yet, but it would get irritating after a while :P.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:46:37 PM by Zilther »

Offline DM Heatstroke

• Dungeon Master (Admin)
  • High-Templar
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.10 Firefox 3.6.10
    • Athas Reborn
Re: Possible Bugs List
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 11:14:17 AM »
The purple text is just Debug info.  It can be ignored unless you are seeing another issue, then you can look to it to provide clues as to what is going on.

It will be turned off when the server goes live.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:27:54 AM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

Offline Zilther

• Kank Herder
  • Browser:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 10:53:42 PM »
Another not sure if its a bug thing I have noticed. :P Sorry if its working as intended, not really sure how things are supposed to work, so I am just reporting things that seem out of place or different than expected

It takes almost 10 or more seconds for a creature that is dead to disappear and remains to appear.

A few of the bandits, (The small halfing like ones) Sometimes take 2 or more minutes to disappear. I went to get a drink and came back and it still didn't disappear, but it had and remains appeared after I went off and killed a mob of bandits and looted them and returned.

Looted item "Bracer of Lore" and upon trying to equip it, it said minimum level requirement 14, but upon inspecting the item, it had no requirements and was not lined in red in my inventory.

Tyr - Gladiatorial Stadium - Foyer: All guards ared named correctly except three named Arena Guard1, And he doesn't do anything, just like the rest.

Tyr - Gladiatorial Stadium - foyer: Minna and Hunar both say "I am sorry, but there is no store available" When you try to access the store.

When armor is equipped, it slows my character down. I assume this is supposed to happen. When I logged in for the first time today, I moved at full speed, even though all my armor was on and I was getting credit for it being equipped. un-equipping and re-equipping fixed it, and I haven't been able to recreate it yet. So not sure how to solve it.

I have seen Meat appear as loot a few times, but it always disappears from the creatures loot list and there is no message about it being used or anything. I have gotten it twice so far, by clicking fast. It stays in my inventory and does not vanish if I loot it.

Those are things I have noticed today :) Trying to keep you busy haha. But for all I know, everything is working as its supposed to be, and they aren't bugs at all.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:04:41 AM by Zilther »

Offline DM Heatstroke

• Dungeon Master (Admin)
  • High-Templar
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • Athas Reborn
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 07:40:12 AM »
It takes almost 10 or more seconds for a creature that is dead to disappear and remains to appear.

A few of the bandits, (The small halfing like ones) Sometimes take 2 or more minutes to disappear. I went to get a drink and came back and it still didn't disappear, but it had and remains appeared after I went off and killed a mob of bandits and looted them and returned.

This is a bug I'm aware of, I misunderstood an option in the creature editor & I am slowly going back & fixing them.  It should take 30 seconds for the body to dissappear & a loot bag to spawn.

Looted item "Bracer of Lore" and upon trying to equip it, it said minimum level requirement 14, but upon inspecting the item, it had no requirements and was not lined in red in my inventory.
That's odd, & I have no idea why it would occur unless the scripted ILR was messing up.  If it happens again try to get a screenshot please.

Tyr - Gladiatorial Stadium - Foyer: All guards ared named correctly except three named Arena Guard1, And he doesn't do anything, just like the rest.
Known issue, I am in the process of going thru all the items, when that is done I'll be going thru all the NPC & creatures.  The arena guards were never much more than eye candy anyhow.

Tyr - Gladiatorial Stadium - foyer: Minna and Hunar both say "I am sorry, but there is no store available" When you try to access the store.
Known issue, will be fixed when I get all the items done & put the stores back together.  They just sell heal kits & basic items in case you were wondering.

When armor is equipped, it slows my character down. I assume this is supposed to happen. When I logged in for the first time today, I moved at full speed, even though all my armor was on and I was getting credit for it being equipped. un-equipping and re-equipping fixed it, and I haven't been able to recreate it yet. So not sure how to solve it.
Known issue with the PRC.  We are using PnP Armor Speeds & medium & heavy armors will slow your PC down *unless* you are a dwarf.  This effect doesn't fire however until you re-equip your armor, sleep, die or transition an area.  It might also go into effect if you attack something, not sure.  I will ask xwarren if a check can be added to the PRCs OnModuleEnter scripts to fix this.

I have seen Meat appear as loot a few times, but it always disappears from the creatures loot list and there is no message about it being used or anything. I have gotten it twice so far, by clicking fast. It stays in my inventory and does not vanish if I loot it.
Artifact from the new spawn system.  At one point there was a bug in NWN that would prevent gold from spawning on a corpse unless an object was spawned with it.  I'm pretty sure the bug is gone, but haven't delved into the spawn scipts to change the way the loot is spawned yet.  Rest assured it will be looked at & tweaked. :D

Those are things I have noticed today :) Trying to keep you busy haha. But for all I know, everything is working as its supposed to be, and they aren't bugs at all.
Thanks for the help.
HEATSTROKE

Offline Zilther

• Kank Herder
  • Browser:
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 01:23:19 PM »
Bracer of Lore.

Unearthed - Miners' Resting Quarters.
The NPC Belet: There are two of these identical NPC's

Enearthed: Weird object. Went through all the dialog, it ended with "You now end u somewhere else" but nothing happened at all, through the whole conversation.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:25:14 PM by DM Heatstroke »

Offline DM Heatstroke

• Dungeon Master (Admin)
  • High-Templar
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • Athas Reborn
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 02:32:22 PM »
Bracer of Lore.
Ah ok.  For the bracers, we are using a PRC compatible scripted ILR (Item Level Restriction).  This prevents you from equiping gear that would be outside of your level per PnP.  The level scaling is exactly like the Bioware / NWN ILR except it's compatible with the PRC & you can't tell what level you should be able to wear an item until you try to equip it.

Unearthed - Miners' Resting Quarters.
The NPC Belet: There are two of these identical NPC's
Good catch, I didn't remove the old NPC when & made the new version of him spawnable.  Thanks.

Enearthed: Weird object. Went through all the dialog, it ended with "You now end u somewhere else" but nothing happened at all, through the whole conversation.
The area that you would normally be transported to hasn't been imported back into the beta server yet.  I'm still not sure what critters I will put down there, but do not want to use the "yintaks" that a previous module admin put down there.  May make a clan of half-elemental tareks or magera.
HEATSTROKE

Offline Zilther

• Kank Herder
  • Browser:
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 03:28:16 PM »
Nothing happened when I tried to use the transition that takes you from Wastes - Western dunes to Refugee settlement. I couldn't get it to take me to the next area. About to try leaving my current area and going back to see if it will work then.

Offline DM Heatstroke

• Dungeon Master (Admin)
  • High-Templar
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • Athas Reborn
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 06:26:55 PM »
Nothing happened when I tried to use the transition that takes you from Wastes - Western dunes to Refugee settlement. I couldn't get it to take me to the next area. About to try leaving my current area and going back to see if it will work then.

There are lots of transitions that aren't working ATM.
HEATSTROKE

Offline Woodstock

• Artisian
  • Browser:
    • http://www.rpgarautos.com.br
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 10:07:46 PM »

Offline DM Heatstroke

• Dungeon Master (Admin)
  • High-Templar
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • Athas Reborn
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 11:08:35 AM »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:13:22 AM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

Offline DM Heatstroke

• Dungeon Master (Admin)
  • High-Templar
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • Athas Reborn
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 11:13:43 AM »
HEATSTROKE

Offline Darth Cletus

• Iron Claw
  • Templar
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 8.0 MS Internet Explorer 8.0
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »
Couldn't select epic spells on my preserver, was epic lvl preserver with spellcraft in the mid 30s.
Didn't see any other options remotely related to epic spells in the option list either.
Zing!

Offline DM Heatstroke

• Dungeon Master (Admin)
  • High-Templar
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.12 Firefox 3.6.12
    • Athas Reborn
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 01:20:55 PM »
Couldn't select epic spells on my preserver, was epic lvl preserver with spellcraft in the mid 30s.
Didn't see any other options remotely related to epic spells in the option list either.

You have to take the Epic Spellcasting feat like in PnP.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 01:23:15 PM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

Offline Darth Cletus

• Iron Claw
  • Templar
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 02:53:41 PM »
Thanks for the headsup on needing 24 lore as well as spellcraft to get the epic spellcasting feat, It wasn't showing up in the feat list until I met the prerequisite.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:30:46 PM by Darth Cletus »
Zing!

Offline Darth Cletus

• Iron Claw
  • Templar
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 02:54:22 AM »
Levels of warsling sniper taken don't appear on the character sheet.

Mad a thri kreen, couldn't level up due to "Invalid attribute scores" or words to that effect, guessed it may have been because of the charisma score of 4 so made again this time with total cha of 6, it worked.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:07:27 AM by Darth Cletus »
Zing!